Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sorry for the inconvenience

Patron Story:
I just had an encounter with one of our regular complainers. This patron comes to the library regularly and always finds something to complain about. If it's not the computers it's the kids are too loud, or his book wasn't in or someone was talking to loudly. Today it had to do with the bathrooms. In his defense I agree with what his complaint was (our bathrooms being out of order and our staff didn't help direct him to a working facility), but the way he went about it is what really got to me. Instead of just stating the facts he demanded to see the supervisor. I am the only one available, so he grills me on my title. Then tells me that if we don't rectify the problem he will go to our Board of Supervisor and maybe even embarrass her in front of her counsel meeting and complain about our poor regard for our patrons. But like the professional that I am, I apologized profusely and assured him that we will try to accommodate our patrons and hope that he will not feel the need to take it so far. He is not a wacko who just threatens. He is a wacko who has followed through in the past and we have heard it from the top. We all know who he is and try to avoid him. But it was my turn today. Go figure.

Movie Review
"JUNO" is a great movie! I recommend everyone to go see this movie. The humor and feeling of it is very much like "Little Miss Sunshine". Nuff said.

No comments: