Thursday, January 10, 2008

I. Am. Addicted.

I am addicted to blogs. Again. I had quit my habit about six months ago and actually being productive at work. But then I discovered this wonderful new thing called RSS feed and Google Reader. Wow! It's this cool new thing where you save all your favorite blogs with an RSS feed to your account. So instead of going to each individual blog to see if new entries have been added, you just sign into your account and see them all in one screen. I initially started collecting professional blogs dealing with libraries and librarianship. But then I found funny blogs dealing with libraries. From these blogs I found that they too have links to other blogs that are hilarious. So now I read blogs everyday with varied topics. It's awesome! I have been very disapointed when I see that a newly discovered blog does not have an RSS feed. "Natural/Artificial" I am looking in your direction! It's fun to read about other people's likes and book reviews.


News Stories
Speaking of great blogs, I am addicted to LISnews . They discuss an interesting article about a man who commited suicide in a library and how the patrons reacted. The event is a tragedy and I hope non of our patrons feel the need to end their lives. But the blog entry is interesting because it talks about how one patrons reacted to the event. Here is the blog and here is the news report about the event.

No comments: