Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pet Peeve #8

People who wait until the day before to get their material.

Why do people wait until the last minute to come and get their book, video, newspaper article, microfiche or research until the day before they need it? And it's not just students, we also get teachers who come in here and say:

1.Do you have To Kill a Mockingbird, I know why the caged bird sings, The Pearl, Angela's Ashes, Grapes of Wrath, etc.. ?(and any other school required reading that everyone else in your class came before you and took!!)
2.But you had tons of copies of it last time I was here you had it.
3.But I need it tomorrow!!!
4.Can't you check again?
5.Is there another library that has it. (Of course there isn't one nearby or they are 20 min away from closing).
6.Can you check to see if you have anything in the back? (What the?! We are not a retail store who receives a new shipment everyday and who are too lazy to put them out!!)
7. What I am supposed to do now?
8. Why don't you have them?
9. Um...(they remain standing infront of you. For a long time, I guess waiting for me to say, "Nah! Just kidding. Here it is!)

...and my most annoying favorite
10. This is ridiculous. Why don't you have the material I need? I need to speak to a manager. (continuous cursing and profanity being muttered under their breath.)

No comments: