Saturday, January 19, 2008

Dizzy. Nauseous.

Cloverfield (2008)
Saw it and loved it. When I'm determined to see a movie, I avoid all the hype so that it won't ruin it for me. So if you are like that, keep reading.

The film is about how a group of friends try to survive a monster attack on Manhattan. I enjoyed it because it was filmed from their perspective. So you only know what they know. You are not in the president's office and know exactly what is happening and what the government is going to do about it, etc. I like films that give you the perspective of everyday people. The only downside is that the film was done like it was recorded using a camcorder. So you get very dizzy and nauseated. I had to keep my eyes closed for most of the film. But overall the film was good. But if you like films that have a nice and tidy ending, I don't recommend it.

No comments: