Friday, December 14, 2007

Persepolis


by Marjane Satrapi is a great graphic novel. I learned about this book in library school and never got around to read it. But I recently found out that the film based on this book will be released in the US this month. So I decided to read it before it came out.




I LOVE THIS BOOK!! It's an autobiographical graphic novel about a young girl living in Iran during the fall of the Shah and rise of the Islamic revolution. You get Marjane's 11 year old point of view and how world changing events affect her and her family. Along with her life story, you get a history lesson of Iran and what turmoils it has gone through. I feel that I have more understanding towards Iran and it's people just by reading this book. It's a great experience all around and you will be a better person for having read it.


No comments: