Friday, November 30, 2007

Always save your work!!

It always amazes me how people are surprised when the computer knocks them out once their session is over. They are angry that the computer didn't realize they hadn't printed their work yet. That they forgot to save it before their time was up. Yes, Once the computer kicks you off your session you loose your work. We don't save all of your work in some magical drive. If only the computers warned you of how much time you had left so that you had time to save or print it. Oh wait! It DOES!!! It warns you at 15 min. 10 min. 5 min. BEFORE it kicks you off. So don't come crying to me when you loose your work. You're the dumb ass that didn't pay attention.

I WORK FOR PEANUTS
On a lighter note. I have this patron that comes in almost every other day. He requests movies, books and has general questions. He's a very nice man. He always gratefully acknowledges my work. I recently helped him with some articles and he was very gratefully that he gave me a hug. So every time he comes in whether he needs my help or not, he says hello. It's nice to get a happy greeting from someone once in a while. Today he brought me a snack of peanuts for my break. :) What a clean ole man.

No comments: