Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Summer Time Reading

Summer

I am so overwhelmed with summer reading. Which is odd because my reading patterns should not change based on a season now that I am no longer in school. There are a lot of new books coming to the library that I find interesting so I have three on my desk waiting for my attention and four that I am reading now. It takes me longer to finish reading a book when I do this because I don't devote my time to just one. By next week I should have finished the Blackbird Sisters Mysteries by Nancy Martin. I am so hooked on this series that I had to go to a competing library system to get the next one in order because our system was taking so long. Though I am hesitant about finishing it because these are the last two books left in the series and I don't know if the author will write more. I hope she does.



I have initiated a book club at home and we will be meeting next Friday. Our club is reading Waiting for Snow in Havana by Carlos Eire. Hopefully it will be a success and I will keep you posted on how the discussion went. Let me know if you'd care to join.



It's nice how the library slows down during the summer. There aren't so many people here after school or in the evenings trying to finish last minute projects. But the down side is that the kids that have nowhere else to go during the day hang out in our air conditioned building therefore causing general mayhem.



Library Pet Peeve #4 Patrons describing the physical appearance of a book rather than the content.

No, I don't know where the book that you saw last week, is about yeay high and has a green cover is located. I have seriously had patrons ask me that question. When I ask them what it was about they say, "I don't remember. But it was good and sounded interesting, but I don't remember what it was about." Or they give me a title they had seen before and they swear that is what it was called. When I do a search for a similar title or find the correct one, they argue with me about it and say that isn't it. Or when I tell them I can't find that particular title they look at me like I'M the moron because saw it here last week!

1 comment:

Lovely Leo said...

hehehe I read this book in high school it had a turquoise cover with yellow butterflies can you tell me the name of the book?