Thursday, July 05, 2007

Has this ever happened to you?

When people find out that I am a librarian, they treat me differently. Like I'm supposed to know everything. You know like when some insecure guy comes upon a boxer and tries to trick him into a fight to prove that he is just as good as the boxer. Yea. People do that to me. They ask me question and try to stump me. Why? I do not know. What they don't understand is that I don't know everything, I just know where to find everything. I don't claim to be the smartest person in the world and know every fact at the drop of a hat. But if you ask me for some information and I research it for you. Don't question me. "I did the research!" So don't question me. If you weren't going to take my answers at face value then don't ask me to look up stuff you!!!




Heaven. I'm in heaven.
I never understood when people described chocolate as a comfort food. That every time they ate it, it made them happy and relaxed. I don't like chocolate. I'll eat it once in a while but I don't crave it like some other people. I prefer something more salty and crunchy than sweet and gooey. So I was recently pleased with my new discovery. A Diablito. On an excursion I took with my in-laws to try a new place where they have "tortas ahogadas" I came upon this concoction called a Diablito. It mainly consists of crushed ice, like a snow cone. But it's the toppings that make it magic. It's a mixture of tamarindo, chamoy, chile, salt and lemon. This is was the only place I knew that had them. So I had 2 before I left. Today I find out there is place close to where I work that sells them. YEAY!! One of our library pages went out and got me one for lunch. MMmmmmm comfort food. I was in heaven the full 10 min it took me to eat it. It was so comforting that I was able to block out the people around me. Tan!Tan!










No comments: