Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pip, pip! and all that rubbish!

The Pursuit of Love & Love in a Cold Climate: Two Novels The Pursuit of Love & Love in a Cold Climate: Two Novels by Nancy Mitford


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I really enjoyed the Pursuit of Love. Mitford's style of writing is fun to read. I enjoyed the peek into the inner sanctum of an entitled English family. The details of everyday life and how the family evolved are for great storytelling. Linda's pursuit of love didn't lead her in the right direction but the matter of fact way in which the narrator tells her story makes you laugh and cry.

Love in a Cold Climate was very fascinating but not as funny as POFL. Mitford's writing and her inside look to the privileged English family is interesting and allows you to see how the other half lives. I recommend this book to all who are interested in English life.
My favorite quote of the book: "Be kind to the young ladies, you never know who they may marry".


View all my reviews.

No comments: