Monday, January 09, 2006

A Librarian? Really?


That is the reaction I get everytime I tell someone that I am in school for my MLIS. I never thought I would end up going to school for that. Hopefully I will end up not being a stereotype. But who am I kidding? I've already invested in the glasses.

Grad school studies are concentrating more on archiving, but I will probably end up at a public library telling kids to be quiet. When what I really want to do is be a recluse and sort through documents. Fun!

Once upon a time I wanted to be a curator. Getting my PhD was the only way to go. But then I realized I'd have to quit work and be a full time researcher/PhD candidate. That would have been horrible, then I would still be living with my parents and really not had a life. Lame! So I guess I am becoming a librarian by accident. Suprisingly enough I am looking forward to knowing everything and showing people where to find it. :)

No comments: