Tuesday, December 23, 2008

End of the year posting

So I have been extremely busy and have no time to add book reviews or comments on my library experience. This past year has been very invigorating and fulfilling. I am settling into this small library and getting used to life in the slow lane. The library itself with reference questions and reading advisory is not fast paced. Most of my time is taken up by management meetings, committee meetings and training. I'm out of the library 3 days out of the week.

Anyway, I have solved my problem with the teens. They don't want to read and I'm not forcing them to do so. :) Instead I am concentrating on those I have hooked with my "Twilight" events and book clubs. I have a steady flow of 3 to 5 teens that come to the library and attend the events. It's fun having them show up just to say hi.

So I bid thee farewell in 2008 and hope that I have time to post in 2009. Happy Holidays.

No comments: