Thursday, March 15, 2007

Singletini, shaken not stirred.


The most recent book I finished reading is Singletini by Amanda Trimble. I guess I haven't gotten over the fact that Sex in the City is no longer on the air that I have to search for anything that has to do with single women and martinis. The book turned out to be a bit disappointing. But I finished it nonetheless. The main character was not very likable because she was a doormat. Everyone walked all over here, especially her friends.


The story revolves around Victoria Hart, a girl who has idealistic views of how her life should be but yet does nothing to help her meet her goals. She has three college friends who she has made a pact with to continue to be single and sealed the deal by creating a new martini drink called a "singletini", which they always drink together. The four friends go through life changes and it's pretty predictable. I enjoyed the author's way of writing and how her ideas flowed, which is what made me want to continue reading.


I give this book ** two stars. It's a summer read at the beach or while trying to pass the time during a long flight. Oh and at the end she does give you the secret recipe to this new drink. It sounds good.

No comments: