Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I confess, I love it!


One of the things I love most is when I find a new author that I love. It's such a wonderful feeling when you find a book that is so much fun to read that you must read everything this author has ever written. The second thing I love most is when I find out that the author has a lot of other books available!! This is what happened when I picked up Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella.

Confessions of a Shopaholic
by Sophie Kinsella was nothing like I expected. Her writing flows to where you can't put the book down. He characters are so charismatic and fun that you can totally relate to them or be their friends. I had previously seen her books on the Shopaholic series but the covers looked too "fluffly" and since I don't like to go shopping, these books did not seem like they were for me. But then my sister picked it for our book club and I was hooked!

Becky Bloomwood is a shopaholic who is slowing falling into debt while trying to prove herself as a financial journalist. Her life is tragic and funny at the same time and you can't help but root for her. I was frustrated with this book at first because I hate shopping and can't relate to her. But once you got to see all her adventures surviving in the world and trying to be taken seriously I couldn't help but wish that she does win the lottery and pay off her debt. Her friends and family are all unaware of her problem, but try and help her anyway.

This book was so much fun to read I could not put it down. So I'm happy to see that there are sequels: Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Shopaholic and Sister, Shopaholic and Baby.
******************************************************************

Kinsella also has Can you keep a secret? which is a bad title for the book. But again, I could not put it down! This book is hilarious!! I literally had to put it down three times because I was laughing so hard, tears were rolling down my cheeks. I highly recommend this book to everyone.

Emma Corrigan is a struggling marketing associate who is inadvertently spills all her secrets to a stranger on a bumpy plane ride. She deals with these consequences throughout the book. I don't want to give anything away. All I have to say is pick it up!

No comments: