Thursday, March 13, 2008

I've been seduced.


I am a big movie fan and watch classic movies till the cows come home. Mainly I watch TCM and all those listed on AFI top 100 lists. So in the process I've been meaning to watch The Graduate(1967) with Dustin Hoffman and finally got a chance to do it last week. It was pretty funny. You can feel the uselessness that Ben felt after graduating college.

What I could not handle was the endless music by Simon and Garfunkel. What the hell?! I like the song Mrs. Robinson but after watching this film I don't think I can ever listen to it again. Every time the film didn't have any dialogue Simon and Garfunkel chimed in. It was so annoying!! Stop it with your semi-hippie wanna be dreamlike songs. I couldn't handle it and fast-forwarded all those scenes. I knew when Ben was either lying about, walking or driving, those damned S&G songs will come on. So I suggest you watch it with your finger on the fast forward button. Other than that, the movie was good. I enjoyed the story and the characters. I loved Anne Bankcroft in that role. She owned Mrs. Robinson.

No comments: